Monday, November 30, 2009

November To Do List - Revisit

Today is the last day of November, so that means that it is time to review my November genealogy to do list. I think I did pretty well this month, but let's see.

For November I wanted to:
  • Order copies of my grandfather's WWII photo book for everyone in the family that wants a copy. Done. Just need to deliver them to the family in December. They look great too!
  • Work on the to do folder and bookmarks. Does making more count as working on it? I did get through some of the items in my to do folder for families that I have already resourced. But I really need to make an adjustment to my research to get this fixed. (Maybe a new year's resolution to keep the piles done?)
  • Complete 2 years of the Vevay Newspaper Index (hopefully I will get more done though). Finished 1880 and 1881. Downloaded the next set, but haven't started it yet.
  • Work on resourcing my ECK line. For November, I want to finish the family in central Pennsylvania. I finished this except for a few strangling bookmarks.
  • Scan all ECK documents in the binder of my grandmother's research that my aunt sent me. Finished all the obituaries and other info for the central PA people. Need to look through what she has on the Berks county side next.
  • Complete National Institute of Genealogical Studies course: Methodology 5. Just finished the exam!
  • Create a letter to send with Christmas cards to my dad's side of the family seeking stories about him and photos. I want to create a scrapbook in the new year with what I find. Did this and put all Christmas cards together. Just need to send them out and hope for some great stories and whatever else people want to send me.
By the end of the year I want to:
  • Finish resourcing the ECK line. Just need to finish the Berks county side. Not really much more to do with these old family lines until I do more research, which is not my goal right now. It will also be nice to get some more binders and books off the floor.
  • Research and enter all new data that I received from my STULL cousin last month. Excited to get this off my desk and research a new line next month.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like you got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Xmas card idea and may steal it!

    ReplyDelete