Saturday, November 7, 2009

SNFG: Eiswerth surname distribution

For Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun this week, he sent geneabloggers to World Names Profiler to see the distribution of their surname across the world.

I chose to search for my maiden name EISWERTH.

From the map you can see the distribution is Canada and the US.


Top country is Canada.
Top region is Saskatchewan, Canada, followed by British Columbia. I wonder how many cousins I have in Canada.
Top city is Williamsport, Pennsylvania, followed by South Williamsport and Montoursville. This isn't surprising because this is where my dad's family is from and most still live.

I'm also surprised that the numbers in Germany are so low, since that is where my EISWERTH ancestors were born. I guess they all left Germany or those left didn't have children.

Very interesting SNFG! Thanks Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment