Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Genealogy Goals - 87th Carnival of Genealogy

As we close out 2009, here are my goals for my genealogy research for 2010:

Research:
  • Finish fixing source citations in database and organize digital files (just my grandma's line to go, too bad it's half the database).
  • Finally order some film from FHL.
  • Gather more original sources and find more ancestors and their stories.
  • Visit a cemetery or local library for information on my ancestors.
  • Write up some of my research as ancestor narratives to give to family. (I would like to do one a month, but I'll say that I want 6 done by the end of the year since I don't know how easily I will be able to put them together.)
  • Finish Vevay Newspaper Index (18 years to go).
Education:
Blog:
  • Figure out exactly where I want this blog to go.
  • Continue my monthly to-do lists and get others to participate.
  • Write more about my own research findings and family memories.
  • Comment on other genealogy blogs more.
Family:
  • Continue to gather family stories, photos and memorabilia.
  • Convert grandfather's 8mm movies to DVD.
  • Get husband to work on his own family tree some more.
I hope that 2010 is a great year for all my genealogy friends and that we all break down some brick walls. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Good list. Best wishes.

    Keep those ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of writing up ancestor narratives. I'm just starting out, but it's definitely something to keep in mind, because waiting until you have enough to write an entire book is not something little impatient me can do.

    Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of monthly to-do lists, but not sure how I could use it. I keep a list of "to-do's" on my desk at all times. I sometimes think that if I had all the pages, with the crossed off items I would feel very accomplished. Maybe.

    Best of luck as you continue to reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete