Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Holiday Foods

Day 2 of the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.

Today's Prompt:
December 2 - Holiday Foods
Did your family or ancestors serve traditional dishes for the holidays? Was there one dish that was unusual?

There are two dishes that were a must for holidays with my mom's side of the family. My brother and I would lead a protest if we didn't get them.

First, my Aunt Judy had to bring the rolls. She was not allowed to bring anything else unless she was also bringing her rolls. They are so yummy. I finally had to get the recipe myself and make them during holiday at my house without my aunt. My grandma gets offended when you call them "Aunt Judy's Rolls." Apparently it was actually her recipe to start. But I've never eaten any rolls that my grandma made, so they will always be "Aunt Judy's Rolls."

The other dish that we had to have was my mom's corn casserole. It's pretty much the only vegetable my brother and I would eat for years. I also have to make this for myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment