Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Peeking

Day 9 of my Christmas memories for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.

December 9 - Grab Bag
Author’s choice. Please post from a topic that helps you remember Christmases past!

So I was never one to like a surprise. Probably because I usually didn't like any gifts that I didn't pick out myself. One year my parents with to a holiday party (the only one I ever remember them go to) and left my brother and I home alone. So what are two kids going to do in a house, home alone, after they have learned there is no Santa? Of course we did it!

My brother and I searched everywhere. Usually my mom would put everything in the guest bedroom. But they weren't there that year. We finally found them under my parents' bed. We enjoyed finding out what our presents were going to be.

But my parents found out. I don't remember how they knew. Either things were different with the presents or with us. That year we each got a box of unwrapped presents. Why bother wrapping them when the kids already know what they are getting? (I also have proof of this from a home movie my dad made that year to send to his family that I recently converted to DVD.)

No comments:

Post a Comment