Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Genealogy To Do List Reviewed

Time to wrap up December and see what I accomplished on my genealogy to do list for the month.

For December I wanted to:
  • Finish sourcing ECK line. Finished!
  • Create a sharable CD of my ECK side for my dad to view. I'm trying this out in Rootsmagic and will have some posts about my experiences soon. Finished! Haven't heard if my dad has tried it out yet though.
  • Research my new STULL lines from Canada. Finished! Still need to do more research, but I added everything that I had to my database.
  • Talk to my grandma and get all the birth and marriage dates for my aunts, uncles and cousins. For some reason I never completed this for that side of the family. Finished! And entered into database (plus I got lots of new photos from her house!)
  • Renew membership to National Genealogical Society and Indiana Genealogical Society. Finished!
  • Work on POTTER and RICKETTS lines that are sitting on my desk. Finished! (And I can't believe how long these sat on my desk because it took me no time to deal with them.
I also was able to put a large dent in my genealogy bookmarks and loose files. Plus I scanned a bunch of photos that I got from my grandma and dad. I now have lots more old photos of my family and am in the process of putting them in new albums (since they were in magnetic albums). Two years of my Vevay Newspaper Index were also completed and uploaded.

It was a good month, hopefully it will continue into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment