Valentine BLITZ was my 3rd great grandfather. He was born in 1828 in Hesse-Darmstadt. He immigrated to the United States in the 1850s and settled in Williamsport, Lycoming county, Pennsylvania where he worked as a stone mason. He married Margaretta LUTZ and had 8 children. He died in 1898 and is buried in the St. Boniface Cemetery in Williamsport.
Valentine's children were:
- Eva Catherine BLITZ was born 27 Oct 1857 in Williamsport. She married Frank Alselm HAEFNER on 22 Jul 1879 in Williamsport. She died 25 Feb 1939 in Williamsport and is buried in the St. Boniface Cemetery. Catherine is my 2nd great grandmother.
- Anna M BLITZ was born 24 Apr 1860 in Williamsport. She died 12 Jan 1953 and is buried in St. Boniface Cemetery.
- Margaretta BLITZ born about 1861.
- Selanose BLITZ born March 1864. She married Frank GAUS and died before 1930.
- Joseph BLITZ was born 29 March 1869. He died from drowning on 30 Aug 1879 at the age of 10. He is buried in St. Boniface Cemetery in an unmarked grave.
- Wilhelm B BLITZ was born 12 Oct 1872. He married Catherine VEBELHOER. He died 16 Oct 1937 and is buried in St. Boniface Cemetery.
- Adam BLITZ was born Jun 1875. He married Mary B. He died 18 Oct 1947 in Elmira, Chemung county, New York and is buried in Wildwood Cemetery in Williamsport.
- Mary Margaret BLITZ was born May 1880. She married Fred S BERTIN. She died 26 Mar 1953 and is buried in St. Boniface Cemetery.