My third great grandmother was Caroline RICE. She was born 20 Jan 1822 in Ludham, Norfolk, England. From her civil marriage registration, I learned that her father's name was John RICE. She married John Elvey SUCKLING on 1 Oct 1844 in Ludham. The family moved around and eventually settled in Terrington St Clement, Norfolk, England. She died there on 7 May 1902.
The Ludham parish registers helped me find Caroline's parents and siblings.
Her father was John RICE. He was born about 1797 in Hassingham, Norfolk, England (according to census records, unfortunately this parish is not online). He married Sarah WATSON on 21 Dec 1819 in Ludham. He died in April 1864 and was buried 6 Apr 1864 in Ludham.
Their children were:
- Nelson RICE baptized 21 May 1820 in Ludham and buried 13 Sep 1821 in Ludham.
- Caroline RICE (see above)
- Harriet RICE baptized 6 Jun 1824 in Ludham. She never married and died in 1909 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Louisa RICE baptized 16 Sep 1826 in Ludham and buried 20 Sep 1826 in Ludham.
- Ebner Frederic RICE baptized 11 Aug 1827 in Ludham and buried 19 Jun 1829 in Ludham.
- Ebner Edwin RICE baptized 29 Dec 1829 in Ludham and buried 10 May 1930 in Ludham.
- Eber Watson RICE baptized 15 May 1831 in Ludham and buried 1 Sep 1843 in Ludham.
- Mary Ann Louisa RICE baptized 15 Sep 1833 in Ludham. She never married and died 1891 in Great Yarmouth.
- Emily RICE baptized 15 May 1836 in Ludham. She married Alfred HAYLETT on 23 Jan 1862 in Great Yarmouth and was buried there on 6 Mar 1885.
- Ebner Wesley RICE baptized 13 May 1838 in Ludham. He married Mary Ann DALE on 4 Jun 1863 in Ludham. They immigrated to the United States in 1865. They lived in Ohio and Michigan. Ebner "Wesley" died before the 1900 US census.
If any cousins are researching the RICE line, please email me at email@example.com. I look forward to collaborating on this line together.