Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grave Hopping With My Mom - Part Three

After the disappointment of not finding the grave of Francis Marion Washburn, we set out the grave of my grandma's parents at Arlington Memorial Gardens in Cincinnati, Hamilton county, Ohio.

This was not a holiday, so the cemetery office was open. I asked for the location of the Bascom plots and received a map and plot numbers. Which was good because this was a huge cemetery and I never would have found it on my own.

Side by side we found the graves of my great grandparents and great aunt and uncle.

Alice Susan Hillis  - 1 Apr 1896 - 31 Jul 1979
Dewey Francis Bascom - 6 May 1898 - 2 Jun 1975

Francis L Bascom - 1918-1984
Henrietta Foertsch 1921-1976

Next week I'm traveling with my parents to my dad's hometown. So I'll be taking dad grave hopping and hopefully we will find my Valentine (Blitz).

No comments:

Post a Comment