Monday, January 24, 2011

Will of Isaac BOVARD


Will of Isaac C. Bovard

In the name of the Benevolent Father of all, I, Isaac C. Bovard, do make this my last will and testament, I give and devise to my wife Ersula Bovard all my real and personal property as during her natural life; as provided her after. The selling so much of the personal property as will pay my just debts, at the death of my said wife, - The farm on which the widow Shehane now resides, I give and bequeath to my son Elwood Bovard, and my daughter Olive Bascomb, the said farm to be divided north and south in equal No. of acres, Elwood to have the east side, Olive the west.

At the death of my wife, I give and bequeath the farm on which I now reside, to Coleman Bovard and Julia Bovard, the said farm to be divided in equal no. of acres, the line running east and west, Coleman, taking the North side, Julia the South.

At the death of my wife the 80 acres lying in Switzerland and Ohio counties, known as “Gibbons Land”, to be sold, and the proceeds equally divided between my children, with the exception of Coleman who is to receive two hundred and fifty dollars moe than the rest to make his share equal with the balance.

Provided further that Coleman is to have one of the young horses that I now own. Provided further that so much of the proceeds of the sale of above mentioned 80 acres be given to my daughter Viola and Julia as to buy them a horse each.

Provided further, that the above mentioned heirs is to have use of the said lands that may fall to their share at the death of my said wife, when they become of age, provided they pay her so much rent as she and they may agree upon.

Provided further the said lands and fences shall be repaired from the timber growing on said lands.

I do hereby nominate and appoint my wife Ersula Exectrix [sic] of this my last will and Testament, authorizing and empowering her to compromise, adjust, release and discharge in such manner as she may deem proper, the debts and claims due me.

In Testimony here of hereinto set my hand and seal this, the 10th day of February 1872.
                                                                        Isaac C. Bovard {seal}

Signed and acknowledged by the said Isaac C Bovard as his Last Will and Testament in our presence and signed by us in his presence
Witnesses,    Aaron [his x mark] Conner {seal}
                        George W Sanders {seal}

The State of Indiana, Ohio County Sct;
                        Before this the undersigned clerk of the court of Common Pleas of said county, personally came George W. Sanders, our of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing last will and Testament of Isaac C Bovard deceased, and being by me duly sworn deposeth as follows; That he was present at the time the said Isaac C Bovard subscribed his name to said Isaac C Bovard subscribed his name to said Will; that deponent saw said Issac C Bovard sign his name thereto that deponent and Aaren Conner, the other subscribing witness to said will, did in presence of said testtater [sic] and at his request subscribe their names as witnesses thereto; that said testator at the time of signing his said will aforesaid was competent to devise his property and not under coercion or restraint as this deponent verily believes, and further deponent says not.
                                                                        George W Sanders

Subscribed & sworn to before me this 7th day of August A D 1872.

In Testimony where of I have hereunto set my hand and affixed the seal of said Court at Rising Sun the day and year above written
                                                                        Solomon K Kittle clerk

The State of Indiana} Sct:
Ohio County}
            I, Solomon K Kittle clerk of the court of Common Pleas of said County, do hereby certify the above and foregoing to be a true copy of the last Will and Testament of Isaac C. Bovard dec’d, and of the proff attestation thereof
            In Witness Where of I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed the Seal of said Court this 7th day of August A.D. 1872.
                                    Solomon K Kittle clerk

Ohio county, Indiana, Will records, volume 2, page 191-192, Will of Isaac C Bovard; FHL microfilm 1311846.

Email me at genwishlist@gmail.com for a copy of the will.

No comments:

Post a Comment