Monday, February 21, 2011

Will of David POTTER

Last Will and testament of David Potter Decd
State of Indiana}
Switzerland County} S S
Be it remembered, that on the 26th day of May A D 1838, The last will and testament of David Potter deceased, of said county was filed in the office of the Clerk of the Probate court, of said county, and proven and admitted to record which will and the proof thereof reads in the words and figures, following to wit—
I David Potter of Switzerland County and State of Indiana, being of correct and sound mind, do make and ordain, this my last will and testament, in the manner following to wit I give and bequeath all my property of every description to my son, Martin Potter to support me through life and after my demise, he is to have all my estate – goods, chattels, &c.
In witness where of I have set my hand and seal this the twenty fifth day of April, in the year of our lord, one thousand eight hundred and thirty eight.
David Potter {seal}
Done in presence
Of
Eliza Andrews
William Andrews
State of Indiana, Switzerland County S S
Be it remembered, that on the twenty sixth day of May A D 1838 at the office of the clerk of the probate court of said county, in the town of Vevay, personally came Eliza Andrews and William Andrews Min of lawful age, who after being duly sworn, upon their oaths, deposeth & saith that they were personally present when David Potter the testator, signed the foregoing wile and openly and publickly [sic], declared the same, to be his true last will and testament, that they these deponents signed their names, as witnesses to the foregoing will in the presence of the said testator, in the presence of each other, and at his request. And these deponents further say that the said testator, David Potter, was at the time of signing, and publishing his said last will and testament of prefect disposing mind and memory as they verily believe, and further saith not.
Eliza Andrews
William Andrews

I Edward Patton, Clerk of the Probate court of said county do hereby certify that the above proof of the foregoing will, was taken sworn to and subscribed before me, on this 26th day of May A D 1838.
In Witness whereof I do hereunto set my hand and affix the seal of said court at Vevay this day and year last aforesaid.
Edward Patton Clerk

Switzerland county, Indiana, Will Records, Circuit Court, volume 1, page 133-134, Will of David Potter; FHL microfilm 1310446.

No comments:

Post a Comment