Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Genealogy Goals

School is almost out. Counting today, there are 9 more days. I'll be working most of those days, but I ready to get my summer genealogy goals into high gear. Last year my summer goals got disrupted by a research trip to Pennsylvania and other surprises. So although I hope to do really well with my goals this summer, I also hope that some unexpected things happen to my genealogy.

Here are my summer goals:
  • Original Records
    • Order FHL microfilm for Eiswerth line in Germany and probate records for Switzerland (and maybe) Ohio Counties in Indiana
    • Download marriage images from FamilySearch for Ohio marriages in my family tree and husband's tree.
    • Research trips to Rabbit Hash, Kentucky; Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio; Butler County, Ohio Archive; Indiana State Library
  • Scanning
    • Finish scanning Suckling slides (only 28 more boxes to go)
    • Scan slides and photos in parents' collection
  • Education
  • Writing
  • Stuff I should have finished in May
    • Switzerland County cemetery photos online and indexed
    • Finish transcribing/translating records for husband's Alsace line.
Lots of goals for the summer. With a summer free from work, I should be able to get lots done (unlike all of spring). Of course these goals won't get done if lots of records for my ancestors become available online. Fingers crossed that I don't get my goals done because I get side tracked.

What are your genealogy goals this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tina, that's an impressive (and ambitious) list. Good luck to you! And thanks for making me think about three months worth of goals at one time. Could be helpful for my Success Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, I'm way behind in my blog reading, but good luck with your summer goals! You've got a good list.

    ReplyDelete