Saturday, August 13, 2011

12 Days of Family and Genealogy - St. Boniface Cemetery

This post is part of my series of the 12 days I spent with my parents visiting family and doing genealogy research.
 
Our first stop upon arriving in Williamsport, Pennsylvania was the St. Boniface Cemetery. Regular readers may remember that this was also our first stop on our trip last year.

Last year I was looking for the tombstone of my favorite ancestor, Valentine Blitz. After another year of research and obtaining the St. Boniface Church Records on microfilm from the Family History Library, I was able to find the married names of two of his daughters. Now I have the whole family pieced together. This years cemetery trip was to find the tombstones of the rest of the Blitz family.


Lena Gaus 1864-1926
Frank J Gaus 1863-1932


Charles L Snyder 1858-1934
Margaret Snyder 1861-1934

While slowly making our way out of the cemetery, we discovered a few interesting markers. The one below was cast around bricks that are now visible at the bottom.
Genofeva Kunkel (born Raible)
1843-1875

Her children
Maria 1867-1875
Adam 1873-1875

Following the cemetery trip, we dropped off my stuff at my aunt's house (where I was staying) and visited my grandparents next door. Then we went to another cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment