Monday, September 5, 2011

Will of Valorous Morse


In the Name of God Amen.
            I Vallerous Morse of the County of Boone and State of Kentucky being of sound mind and disposing Memory and calling to Mind the uncertainty of human life and being desirous to dispose of all such worldly estate as it has pleased God to bless me with. I give and bequeath the same in manner following that is to say

1st after my death I desere that out of the perishable part of my Estate all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid

            2nd all the rest of my estate both real and personal of whatever nature or kind it may be I give to my wife Mary R Morse to use and enjoy as she may desere proper during the term of her natural life

3rd Such portion of my estate as may remain undisposed of at the death of my wife said Mary R Morse I desere shall be equally divided among my three daughters manually[?] Rachel M Simon Louisa Vanness & Margaret G Griffith which I give to them and their heirs forever

And Lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my wife Mary R Morse Sole Executrix of this my last will and testament and desire no security shall be required of her.

Note Having Made an advancement to my Daughter Susan B Hillis it is not my intentions to give her any thing more

In witness whereof I hereto set my hand this 27” day of March 1883
Subscribed as witnesses in presence of Vallerous Morse and at his request and in presence of each other
Charles H Acra
James A Dilson

Citation:
Boone County, Kentucky, Kentucky, Probate Records, 1792-1977, Vallerous Morse page 187-8; "Will records, 1876-1897, Vol. 13," digital images, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org: accessed 24 August 2011).

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on how much I love the name....Valorous Morse just sounds so regal! I wonder what advancement he made to Susan?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete