Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cleaning Up The Letter H

I've started a project cleaning up my database. Whenever I finish a letter of the alphabet, I'll write a blog post to report about what I learned about the surnames that start with that letter.

Today I finished going through all the H surnames in my genealogy database. I didn't find much new information, but I was able to fill in some source details that were missing and fix some birth dates. 

But I did have one major discovery. Philip Hindale was actually Philip Kendall. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find him in the census records. So I looked at the image of his marriage record again. I don't know why I decided it said Hindale the first time I looked at it, but it definitely said Kendall this time. Then I was able to track him and his wife through their lives. 

Next up is the letter I. It's going to take forever because it has a total of 2 names that need researched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment